1/1 Photo of Catfish Baked With Cheese
Adapted from Craig Claiborne's Southern Cooking. This is also good when made with other kinds of fish. Don't try to fry them; they'll burn.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Wipe fish dry.
- 3Combine cheese, flour, salt, pepper and paprika in a shallow dish.
- 4Combine egg and milk in a shallow dish.
- 5Dip fish in egg mixture, then in flour mixture, turning to coat.
- 6Arrange in a single layer in a baking dish.
- 7Pour the butter over the fish.
- 8Top with the almonds, if using.
- 9Bake for about 20 minutes, until fish is cooked through.
Browse Our Top Catfish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Catfish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Catfish Baked With Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (206 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 394.3
- Calories from Fat 253
- Total Fat 28.1 g
- Saturated Fat 13.5 g
- Cholesterol 166.8 mg
- Sodium 431.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 29.3 g