Recipe by Chriztie1502
From the Family Circle Cookbook. My family thought is was a little bland, they suggested adding some more spice to it next time.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 large sweet green pepper, cored, seeded, and cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped canned tomato
- 1⁄2 cup clam broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon leaves oregano, crumbled
- 1 lb catfish fillet
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in large skillet over low heat. Add onion; cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for 7 minutes or until tender.
- Add green pepper, garlic, and 1 teaspoon oil; cover and cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes.
- Stir in beans, tomato, clam broth and oregano; cover and cook 5 minutes over moderate heat.
- Meanwhile, rub catfish with allspice, cloves and ground red pepper.
- Heat remaining tablespoon oil in second large skillet over high heat.
- Add fish; sauté on one side until fish has colored, about 3 minutes.
- Turn fish over and place, colored side up, on top of beans in first skillet.
- Cover and cook over moderate heat for 5 to 7 minutes or until fish is cooked through.