Prep 4 mins
Cook 7 mins
Posted by request, from the Catfish Institute!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 lbs catfish fillets
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon, zest of
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- parsley sprig
- lemon wedges or lemon slice
- Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add catfish fillets and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Transfer to a serving platter and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter.
- Add almonds, lemon zest and lemon juice and saute for 1 minute.
- Pour sauce over fillets and garnish with parsley and lemon.
Light subtle flavor from the lemon and a nice crunch from the almonds. I used Chilean Sea Bass (I know they are becoming an endangered species but I had therm in the freezer). dusted them lightly with flour and cut back on the butter. Enjoyed by all Thanks s'kat
The adults thought the Catfish Almondine was o.k., but a bit greasy. The children would only take a "No Thank you" bite. We might try with a different nut.
We enjoyed the Catfish Amondine with my Bisquik Cornbread & Country Lady's Pan Roasted Asparagus with some julienned sweet peppers added in. It was quite a feast. When I make this next time, I will use more lemon, as I like things quite lemon-y. Thanks, s'kat, good meal!