Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Original Recipe name is Catfish Allison. I changed some of the ingredients, but the original recipe came from "The Catfish Cookbook". It has different dishes from famous chef's. I guess Allison someone or another created this dish - I can't find the book now. I served this dish with steamed asparagus and new potatoes. It is very rich, and filling.
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 6 scallions, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 6 -8 catfish fillets
- Tabasco sauce
- In bowl mix parmesan, mayo, butter, scallions, worcestershire sauce, and tobasco mixing thoroughly.
- Poach catfish in a skillet of lightly simmering water.
- (About 4-5 minutes) Lift with slotted spoon, and transfer to baking dish or (6 individual casserole dishes).
- Top fillets with mayo mixture (If using individual casserole dishes, divide mixture up evenly among the fillets).
- Broil about 3 min, until lightly browned.
- Serve with juices (if using individual casserole dishes, serve in dish).
Great recipe, I will do again.
I have that book The recipe comes from The Crown Restauant at the Antique Mall in Indianola, MS. This is a great recipe, and I love my book. Z-mail me if you want any recipes from it. and by the way this is a great easy way to serve up some catfish on a busy night