1/9 Photos of Caterpillar Cake
This is an easy and cute cake that the kids can help decorate. This would also make a nice birthday cake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) box cake mix (any flavor)
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1/3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1/3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- icing, colored with food coloring
- licorice whips
- candy sprinkles, to decorate
- coconut flakes, tinted with green food coloring
- green food coloring
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Mix cake according to package directions.
- 3Bake cake in a Bundt pan.
- 4After cake has cooled, cut cake in half and place on cardboard (large foil covered piece of cardboard to display cake) in an "S" shape (this is the shape of the caterpillar).
- 5Frost top of caterpillar and decorate with candy.
- 6May use licorice whips for antennas and spread green coconut grass on cardboard.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caterpillar Cake
Serving Size: 1 (509 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 507.8
- Calories from Fat 214
- Total Fat 23.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 93.0 mg
- Sodium 606.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 46.8 g
- Protein 7.0 g