This is an easy and cute cake that the kids can help decorate. This would also make a nice birthday cake.
- 1 (18 ounce) box cake mix (any flavor)
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- icing, colored with food coloring
- licorice whips
- candy sprinkles, to decorate
- coconut flakes, tinted with green food coloring
- green food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix cake according to package directions.
- Bake cake in a Bundt pan.
- After cake has cooled, cut cake in half and place on cardboard (large foil covered piece of cardboard to display cake) in an "S" shape (this is the shape of the caterpillar).
- Frost top of caterpillar and decorate with candy.
- May use licorice whips for antennas and spread green coconut grass on cardboard.