Recipe by ccferne
This is easy to transport to an event and assemble on site. You can vary the color and flavor for the occasion. If you do a lot of PTA or scout occasions, it's smart to keep a batch on hand in the freezer.
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups water
- 1 (3 ounce) package gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 (46 ounce) can pineapple juice
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon almond extract
- 2 (2 liter) bottles ginger ale or 2 (2 liter) bottles carbonated lemon-lime beverage
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugar with the 3 cups water; heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Dissolve gelatin in 2 cups boiling water; cool.
- Mix all ingredients EXCEPT the ginger ale or lemon lime and freeze in a large plastic container for at least 24 hours.
- About 1 hour before serving, turn frozen mixture into a large punch bowl and add the soda.
- To create a slushy texture, poke the frozen punch with an ice pick or large fork.