Recipe by HeatherFeather
adapted from "A Taste of Florida" and supposedly from Meiner' Catering, based out of Orlando.
- 1 (8 ounce) package medium egg noodles, cooked, drained
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 6 1⁄2 ounces evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream or 1⁄2 cup creme fraiche
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisins or 1⁄4 cup sultana
- 3⁄4 cup graham cracker crumbs (or digestive biscuit crumbs)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 cup granulated sugar, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease an 8x8" square glass casserole dish.
- Place the drained noodles in the prepared dish and sprinkle pineapple and raisins over the top.
- Combine the 1/4 cup sugar, eggs, evaporated milk, sour cream, and vanilla and pour over the noodles and fruit; use a fork to swirl around the mixture so that it gets into all of the nooks and crannies, but without disturbing the placement of the noodles and fruit too much.
- Combine the cookie crumbs, butter, cinnamon, and some sugar, then sprinkle over the top of the casserole.
- Bake for about 30-40 minutes or until the top has begun to get golden and the pudding seems fairly set (not very jiggly).
- Serve warm or cool.