adapted from "A Taste of Florida" and supposedly from Meiner' Catering, based out of Orlando.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (8 ounce) package medium egg noodles, cooked, drained
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 6 1/2 ounces evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream or 1/2 cup creme fraiche
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/4 cup golden raisins or 1/4 cup sultana
- 1Preheat oven to 350F and grease an 8x8" square glass casserole dish.
- 2Place the drained noodles in the prepared dish and sprinkle pineapple and raisins over the top.
- 3Combine the 1/4 cup sugar, eggs, evaporated milk, sour cream, and vanilla and pour over the noodles and fruit; use a fork to swirl around the mixture so that it gets into all of the nooks and crannies, but without disturbing the placement of the noodles and fruit too much.
- 4Combine the cookie crumbs, butter, cinnamon, and some sugar, then sprinkle over the top of the casserole.
- 5Bake for about 30-40 minutes or until the top has begun to get golden and the pudding seems fairly set (not very jiggly).
- 6Serve warm or cool.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caterer's Kugel (A Sweet Noodle Pudding)
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 336.6
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 144.3 mg
- Sodium 144.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 24.2 g
- Protein 8.6 g