Recipe by Smilynn
I got this recipe from a caterer. She said only cream of chicken works well with this. I experimented with wild rice once and thought it was too bland. This goes great with the basics such as a green salad and hot rolls. Prep time includes cooking meat and rice simultaneously.
Top Review by Michelle S.
First thing I would like to say is that I doubled this casserole for everyone at work and added garlic powder to the beef while browning. I assembled it according to directions, and looked at it and said "OMG it's just YELLOW!!". BORING LOOKING! I probably would have passed it up at the buffet table (BUT it tasted good). So for "eye" appeal, I quickly sauteed coarsely chopped red and green peppers, wedged onion chunks and sliced baby portabellos. I then tossed it in the prepped casserole with an 8 oz carton of sour cream, and baked as directed. Well, the color just added something to the dish, that had tasted great before. My coworkers devoured this dish in no time flat!I will definitely make this again.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground round, browned and drained
- 1 (12 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 12 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded (more if you like)
- 1 (12 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 package cooked seasoned yellow rice (I use Mahatmas Spicy)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown and drain beef.
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Drain corn.
- Mix all 5 ingredients together reserving some cheese for topping.
- Spread in 8" x 8" glass baking dish.
- Place in oven preheated at 300 deegrees and bake until heated through or cheese is bubbly.