A light and delicious lasagna that has hot peppers to spice up a tangy tomato sauce with sockeye salmon and green beans to make a healthy alternative to the regular lasagna with ground beef.
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 2 hot green peppers (chopped finely)
- 2 hot red peppers (chopped finely)
- 1 (10 ounce) can sliced mushrooms (drained)
- 1 (24 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) can sockeye salmon (drained)
- 1 (16 ounce) container cottage cheese
- 1 (14 ounce) can French style green beans (drained)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese (grated)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cook pasta according to package directions and set aside.
- Chop peppers and add tomato sauce in a saute pan with drained mushrooms until heated through evenly adding canned salmon to the mixture at the end stirring to blend salmon with tomato sauce
- In medium sized bowl combine cottage cheese, eggs and green beans together until thoroughly mixed.
- In a 13" by 9" by 2" pan spread sauce to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Place 3 noodles over top of sauce and then spread cottage cheese mixture over the noodles.
- repeat the layers once more ending with tomato sauce on top and grated cheese covering everything on the surface of lasagna.
- Place in oven for approximately one hour or until cheese and noodles are nicely melded together.