1/1 Photo of Catch of the Day Lasagna
1 hr 15 mins
Slocan cook's Note:
A light and delicious lasagna that has hot peppers to spice up a tangy tomato sauce with sockeye salmon and green beans to make a healthy alternative to the regular lasagna with ground beef.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 2 hot green peppers (chopped finely)
- 2 hot red peppers (chopped finely)
- 1 (10 ounce) can sliced mushrooms (drained)
- 1 (24 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) can sockeye salmon (drained)
- 1 (16 ounce) container cottage cheese
- 1 (14 ounce) can French style green beans (drained)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese (grated)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2Cook pasta according to package directions and set aside.
- 3Chop peppers and add tomato sauce in a saute pan with drained mushrooms until heated through evenly adding canned salmon to the mixture at the end stirring to blend salmon with tomato sauce
- 4In medium sized bowl combine cottage cheese, eggs and green beans together until thoroughly mixed.
- 5In a 13" by 9" by 2" pan spread sauce to cover the bottom of the pan.
- 6Place 3 noodles over top of sauce and then spread cottage cheese mixture over the noodles.
- 7repeat the layers once more ending with tomato sauce on top and grated cheese covering everything on the surface of lasagna.
- 8Place in oven for approximately one hour or until cheese and noodles are nicely melded together.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Catch of the Day Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (227 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 230.2
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 55.7 mg
- Sodium 614.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 16.9 g