Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Don’t let the number of ingredients fool you; this is pretty simple to make. The majority of the ingredients are just for the 1/3 cup Italian dressing that is mixed with the flour for the crust. Save the yummy sauce the shrimp is cooked in to sop up with crusty bread. This is a one-dish meal that really needs no accompaniment. You can serve it with plain yogurt or sour cream for some extra creaminess.
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 4 teaspoons butter, room temperature
- 1⁄8 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained, rinsed and mashed
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 lbs shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup green beans, ends cut and halved
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 tomatoes, Sliced
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese or 1⁄4 cup feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium mixing bowl mix together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a mason jar with lid, or other container with lid, combine the next 9 ingredients (olive oil, butter, balsamic vinegar, water, garlic, brown sugar, salt, pepper, parmesan) and shake until the Italian dressing is well blended.
- Add mashed beans and dressing to the bowl with the first four ingredients and mix until blended.
- Using an ungreased 9x3-inch springform pan, spread combined mixture in bottom and 2 inches up sides; set aside.
- In a wide, shallow sauté pan over high heat, warm 4 tbsp olive oil and 4 tbsp butter. Add the shrimp and garlic and sauté quickly for 3 minutes - Add the lemon juice, paprika, pepper flakes, and salt and pepper to taste. Using a slotted spoon put shrimp in bottom of springform pan.
- Sauté onion and garlic over medium heat until translucent. Add bell pepper and green beans and sauté until beans turn a bright green. Place on top of shrimp.
- In a small bowl mix eggs and milk and pour over vegetables.
- Arrange sliced tomatoes on top and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese or Feta cheese.
- Bake for 40 – 45 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Allow 10 minutes to stand and then loosen sides of torta from pan.
This is actually a baby version of a great recipe. I cut the recipe in half and baked it in my 6-inch springform pan. I left off the yogurt and served it like is with a side salad. The recipe is laid out well and is easy to follow, step by step by step.
I don't know how easy it was to make, as someone else made it and brought it to my house for lunch. It was however, very attractive! It was also very tasty. I loved the shrimp on it, and the red pepper flakes gave it just the right amount of spice!