Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Tastes better than the bottled and is easy to make.
- 354.88 ml ketchup
- 78.07 ml red wine vinegar
- 78.07 ml honey
- 0.25 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 0.25 ml ground cloves
- 44.37 ml finely grated onions
- 0.25 ml salt
- 236.59 ml canola oil
- Place all ingredients except oil in a blender and blend together until well combined. Add oil very slowly while blending.
- Blend until dressing is thick and creamy.
- Store in covered conatiner in the refrigerator.
Okay, whom may you ask would make their own Catalina Dressing?? Well, since there isn't any available overseas where I live, I guess people who like to cook and can't find it anywhere!! This is a very good dressing that I used in making Kittencal's Taco Salad Kittencal's Taco Salad for a Crowd. I followed the recipe exactly except I used extra light, extra virgin Olive Oil as my body can't assemilate other types of oils. I also used my food processor, fast and simple. Thanks for the nice salad dressing recipe Lvs2Cook!
I cannot get Catalina here in Oz and I have missed it. This is gooood! The only change I made was to strain the grated onions, using the juice only, which makes for a smoother dressing. Now I have to make some more for gifts for two friends...they liked it a lot too. Thank you.
im making pink chicken for breast cancer awareness game, and it needed this dressing .fast to make up. just made 1/2 . easy added some paprika and onion powder instead of chopped onions great