Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
One of my family's favorite salads. The dressing is wonderful served on other salad greens. When I make this, I normally double the dressing part -- just to have the next couple days on other salads.
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 (10 ounce) bags spinach, torn
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 (6 ounce) can water chestnuts, sliced and drained (optional)
- 2 cups chow mein noodles
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 12 slices cooked bacon, crumbled (or can use jarred bacon bits)
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a jar with a tight fitting lid. Shake well.
- Combine remaining ingredients in large salad bowl; add dressing and toss. Serve immediately.
Thanks, Bobbie#3, for posting this wonderful salad. Fresh,tasty and the dressing compliments everything. Only change I made--no hard-cooked eggs and added sliced mushrooms. DELICIOUS!