Recipe by Lizzybob
Great for any hamburger supper or pot luck dinner. This is better than any pasta salad I have EVER had as I'm not big on the vinegar based ones. I'm always asked to bring this to family gatherings. This makes a ton, so you may want to cut it down. ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL!!
Top Review by Darkhunter
This is a lovely recipe. Looks as good as it tastes. However, I did use mayo instead of the Miracle Whip. I also used grape tomatoes and seeded the cucumbers. Leftovers were not watery at all!
- 1 package tri-color spiral pasta
- Miracle Whip
- Catalina dressing
- 1 package frozen green pea
- 1 -2 cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 package cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 package baby carrots
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil pasta according to package directions.
- I usually add the baby carrots to the pasta about midway thru cooking.
- Place frozen peas in a large colinder and dump cooked pasta& carrots on top.
- Let drain.
- When carrots have cooled, I slice them in half lengthwise.
- Place pasta, peas& carrots in a large mixing bowl.
- Add miracle whip and catalina dressing until moistened.
- Sorry, I have no measurements as this is how I got the recipe.
- You just have to keep tasting and adding until you find the right taste.
- I like mine with more Catalina than Miracle Whip.
- I like to chill mine at least an hour before serving.
- Prior to serving add cherry tomatoes and cucumbers.
- After it chills, you may need to add more Catalina and/or Miracle Whip.
- If you make this the day before, don't add your cucumbers and tomatoes-it will make it watery.
- Feel free to change up your vegetables!