Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe came from Kraft's "Food and Family" magazine. The sauce is very thick, sweet and tangy. If you like sweet and thick sauces on chicken breast, you'll like this. (But honestly, I didn't care for it much!)
- 6 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 9.85 ml cooking oil
- 118.29 ml Catalina dressing
- 44.37 ml dry onion soup mix
- 118.29 ml apricot jam
- Heat oil in skillet.
- Add chicken and cook until browned, about 4 minutes on each side.
- Mix dressing, soup mix, and jam in a separate bowl.
- Put the chicken in a 3-qt. baking dish and pour the sauce on top.
- Cook at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
I was going to add this to the recipies submitted, but you did it first. Great flavor. I used preserves instead of jam.
I've made this several times. It's so simple and yummy! I was afraid my DH wouldn't like it (he doesn't care much for sweet foods); but he loves it! (Be careful to use the right size baking dish--the first time I made this, I used one that was too big & shallow; the sauce spread out too much & burnt some)
My momma used to make this all the time when I was young. This is what she served if we had company. It is a tangy and sweet chicken dish. Now I get to make it for my girls. We always had it with Greek noodles. Thanks for the memories.