Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This light, fresh and flavoursome salad makes an unusual but delightful accompaniment to many dishes.
- 6 heads endive
- 6 egg tomatoes, sliced
- 6 shallots, finely sliced
- 8 ounces green beans, lightly cooked and cooled
- 6 fresh artichoke hearts, cooked, cooled and sliced
For the dressing
- 4 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- 8 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pinch celery salt
- 1 pinch fennel seed
- 1 pinch pepper
- Separate the endive leaves, wash and dry them and make a base layer of them on a flat salad plate.
- Pile the tomato slices on top and then the shallot slices. Scatter over the beans and the artichoke slices.
- To make the dressing, mix together the sherry vinegar and the oil. Add a pinch of celery salt, a pinch of fennel seed and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and serve immediately.