Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A very savory guacamole to be served on toasted or grilled bread. Found on Tapena wines website.
Make and share this Catalan Guacamole recipe from Food.com.
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 oil packed anchovy fillets, drained and chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, minced
- 1 pinch coarse salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar, preferably aged
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 avocados, pitted and diced
- 1 plum tomato, cut in half and grated, discard skin
- Place the garlic, anchovies, parsley, and salt in mortar and, using pestle, mash into a paste. Whisk in olive oil, vinegar, and lemon juice. Set dressing aside.
- Place avocados in a bowl and mash until smooth. Stir in tomato and dressing, taste for seasoning, add more lemon as necessary.
- Let stand for 15 to 20 minutes to allow flavors to meld, then serve with favorite toasted bread or chips.