Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
This one pot dish not only saves on washing up, but all the lovely flavors and aromas mingle together.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 chicken thighs
- 2 chicken breasts, cut in half
- 2 red onions, sliced
- 1 large red pepper, seeded and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 9 ounces chorizo sausage, diced
- 1 (14 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 pinch saffron (optional)
- 2 ounces raisins (optional)
- 2 slices orange zest
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 20 mixed olives
- 1 (1 lb) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Heat 1 tbs of the oil in a large frying pan. Add the chicken and brown really well all over. Transfer to a casserole dish.
- Use the remaining oil to cook the onions in the frying pan until they turned golden at the edges. Add the pepper and garlic and cook for a further minute.
- Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and add to the chicken in the casserole dish. Brown the chorizo in the frying pan and also add this to the chicken.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Pour the tomatoes, broth and wine over the chicken, add the smoked paprika and saffron (if using). Add the raisins (if using), orange zest and thyme, season and mix well,.
- Add the olives and garbanzo beans, bring to the boil, then cover and cook on the middle shelf of the oven for about 40 minutes.
- Scatter with the parsley and serve with rice.
This is absolutely divine. I used bone in/skin on chicken breasts. I used only about 4- 6 oz of chorizo and that was plenty and then followed the recipe exactly, including the optional bits. Complex and flavorful! Will absolutely make again.