Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 chicken leg quarters
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup spicy sausage, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can whole tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 1 cup olive, pitted and chopped
- Combine salt, cumin, cinnamon, cayenne, and black pepper together.
- Rub over the surface of the chicken getting as much as you can under the skin.
- Preheat grill.
- Grill chicken pieces until the surface is browned (about 10 to 15 minutes).
- Meanwhile saute onion and garlic in olive oil.
- Add sausage and heat until warmed.
- Stir in tomatoes and red wine.
- Simmer on low.
- Add chicken quarters and turn to coat.
- Add olives and continue simmering for about 20 minutes.
- Serve by placing one piece of chicken on a plate.
- Pour sauce over chicken.