Recipe by BarbryT
Similar to ratatouille, but different. :-) The paprika makes it different; using smoked paprika makes it extra-special!
- 2 medium eggplants or 2 medium aubergines
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- salt and pepper
- chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare the eggplants/aubergines by peeling them and cutting into cubes (about 1-inch).
- Heat the oil in a frying pan add the cubes and sauté for a few minutes
- Add the chopped onion, crushed garlic and paprika to the eggplant/aubergine in the frying pan and fry over a low heat for a further 5 mins
- Add the chopped tomatoes; season with salt and pepper
- Cover the frying pan and cook for a further 15 minutes (checking that the eggplant/ aubergine is well cooked and tender).
- Place in a serving dish and garnish with a chopped fresh parsley.