Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Similar to ratatouille, but different. :-) The paprika makes it different; using smoked paprika makes it extra-special!
- Prepare the eggplants/aubergines by peeling them and cutting into cubes (about 1-inch).
- Heat the oil in a frying pan add the cubes and sauté for a few minutes
- Add the chopped onion, crushed garlic and paprika to the eggplant/aubergine in the frying pan and fry over a low heat for a further 5 mins
- Add the chopped tomatoes; season with salt and pepper
- Cover the frying pan and cook for a further 15 minutes (checking that the eggplant/ aubergine is well cooked and tender).
- Place in a serving dish and garnish with a chopped fresh parsley.
well, mine didnt turn out like any of the photos, but we really enjoyed it. used lebenese eggplants, and found I had to add a little more oil, but the taste was great!
I did like it, but I didn't love it - it didn't come out quite as delicious as the images made me hope for. I suspect that may just be due to personal tastes, because I'm not the biggest fan of paprika. Thanks for posting the recipe though, and I suggest anyone who has these ingredients on hand and wants a side in a tight spot go for it - it was easy and tasty. my guests did enjoy it a lot, but none of them rated it a 5/5.
I used baby eggplant and grape tomatoes because I had them on hand...this was a great recipe...I think it will be very versatile...not only a great side dish but would also be great with some penne as a main dish!