1/6 Photos of Catalan Aubergines/Eggplants
Similar to ratatouille, but different. :-) The paprika makes it different; using smoked paprika makes it extra-special!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare the eggplants/aubergines by peeling them and cutting into cubes (about 1-inch).
- 2Heat the oil in a frying pan add the cubes and sauté for a few minutes
- 3Add the chopped onion, crushed garlic and paprika to the eggplant/aubergine in the frying pan and fry over a low heat for a further 5 mins
- 4Add the chopped tomatoes; season with salt and pepper
- 5Cover the frying pan and cook for a further 15 minutes (checking that the eggplant/ aubergine is well cooked and tender).
- 6Place in a serving dish and garnish with a chopped fresh parsley.
Nutritional Facts for Catalan Aubergines/Eggplants
Serving Size: 1 (254 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 211.4
- Calories from Fat 128
- Total Fat 14.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 10.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.6 g
- Sugars 9.3 g
- Protein 3.7 g