I found this AMAZING pie on another website some weeks ago when I was looking for a good key lime pie recipe that did not include a meringue topping (my fiance doesn't care for it). According to that site, this is the key lime pie served at the famous Catahoula's restaurant in Louisiana. Normally I am not a big fan of key lime pie, but this one is a winner! I'm including the recipe for the crust if you want to make your own; I simply used a store-bought prepared graham cracker crust, and it worked just fine. For a pretty presentation, pipe whipped cream around the edges of the pie, and garnish with fresh lime zest.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare crust: Thoroughly mix all ingredients. Press into bottom and sides of a 10" pie tin with fingertips. Bake for 8-10 minutes, watching carefully to avoid letting the crust burn. Remove from oven.
- For the filling: Combine filling ingredients and blend until smooth and creamy (I used my Bullet mixer for this and it worked wonderfully). Pour into pie crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until firm.
- Remove and let cool. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve with whipped cream and fresh lime zest.