Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
I found this AMAZING pie on another website some weeks ago when I was looking for a good key lime pie recipe that did not include a meringue topping (my fiance doesn't care for it). According to that site, this is the key lime pie served at the famous Catahoula's restaurant in Louisiana. Normally I am not a big fan of key lime pie, but this one is a winner! I'm including the recipe for the crust if you want to make your own; I simply used a store-bought prepared graham cracker crust, and it worked just fine. For a pretty presentation, pipe whipped cream around the edges of the pie, and garnish with fresh lime zest.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare crust: Thoroughly mix all ingredients. Press into bottom and sides of a 10" pie tin with fingertips. Bake for 8-10 minutes, watching carefully to avoid letting the crust burn. Remove from oven.
- For the filling: Combine filling ingredients and blend until smooth and creamy (I used my Bullet mixer for this and it worked wonderfully). Pour into pie crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until firm.
- Remove and let cool. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve with whipped cream and fresh lime zest.
I thought I rated this, somehow it slipped by me. It's one of the best key limes pie we've had. My DH really enjoyed it too, which was shocking, because he is a very picky eater. Thanks for a great recipe!
Wonderful thanks Lynne. a perfect balance of sweetness and tartness and total simplicity to make. Aussies take note-I bought two 20cm Pampas shortcrust pie cases (from the freezer section) and this full mix filled them exactly. A half mix would be easy to make to just fill one. Each of these smaller pies took 20 minutes (in a 160c fan-forced oven) to cook. I don't enjoy making desserts, so am always on the look out for recipes that give me fast, easy, delicious results and this is definately a great find.
After such a strong recommendation by Bluemoon, I just had to come check this out. I'm so glad that I did! This is a very delicious lime pie. It's fresh and light. I wish I had gotten a photo of it because it looked so pretty with the whipped cream and lime zest on top. I used Kit's Light-As-A-Cloud Whipped Cream for the topping and it was just right. I will be making this many times and it is going in my tried and true cookbook. Made and Reviewed for PRMR - Thanks! :)