Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
From Catahoula's restaurant in Grand Coteau, LA, this appetizer is fit for any gathering...black tie and Champagne or blue jeans and micro-brews!
- 4 ounces grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup french breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, plus
- additional pecans, for garnish, if desired
- 1⁄2 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup roasted red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 green onion, chopped
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 12 ounces smoked gouda cheese, grated
- 8 ounces goat cheese
- 4 ounces fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 lbs crabmeat or 2 lbs other seafood or 2 lbs andouille sausages
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Assemble the Crust:.
- Combine cheese, bread crumbs, pecans, and seasoning in food processor and pulse until mixture is finely ground.
- Remove and add butter, stirring until moist.
- Press mixture into the bottom of a springform pan and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes until brown.
- Prepare the Filling:
- In a baking pan large enough to accomodate your springform pan, add an inch or so of water to make a water bath.
- In a skillet, sauté vegetables in olive oil until tender and set aside to cool.
- In a mixer, beat cream cheese, Gouda, goat cheese, and Parmesan until smooth. Add heavy cream and eggs.
- Gently fold seafood and vegetables into the cheese mixture.
- Pour mixture into crust and place cheesecake pan into a water bath in a baking pan. Bake for 2 hours or until set.