Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Here kitty, kitty, kitty! Make this for your kids and see what they think! Might be fun to see their reaction...especially if you have a cat or two in the house! Can't you hear it now..."EWWWWWWW...Mom!....This is gross!!!..." Or maybe they'll think it's the best thing you've ever made...Anyway, give it a go! (I think I'd serve it with ketchup or some other sauce on the side...) :)
- 1 cup Bisquick
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 cups long grain rice
- 3 3⁄4 cups water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- To make dumps: Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix together Bisquick, cheese, and ground beef.
- Shape into various size/shape dumps.
- Place so they don't touch each other in an ungreased baking pan.
- Bake 20 minutes or until brown, firm, and slightly crusty.
- Mix water, butter, salt, and rice in saucepan.
- Bring to boil; stir and cover.
- Simmer for 14 minutes.
- Fluff up rice and put in another baking dish.
- Place dumps in rice; leave some sticking out.
This was fast and easy to make, which gets high ratings from me regardless. I am all about fast and easy. My husband loved it. It was very flavorfull but a bit on the greasy side for me, so I had to deduct one star for that.
What a fun recipe! The kids liked it but my husband and I thought the "dumps" could use more flavor. Maybe next time we will try adding oregano and pepper or other seasoning. Overall, it was a good experience, GOOD POST!
TOO Funny!! Get's 5 stars just for the humor!