Recipe by Pesto lover
This sounds wonderful. I found this recipe on greenbeansnmore.com
Top Review by loof
This is an absolutely delicious shrimp dish! So light, fresh and flavorful. I don't care for raw onion so left it out. I used small shrimp and left the tails on. I decided to keep the shrimp in the marinade and add the other ingredients and dressing and I'm glad I did - it was terrific. Really enjoyed this - thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for ZWT9, The Apron String Travelers
- 2 lbs medium shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 scallions, white & tender green parts, finely chopped
- 1 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 celery, finely chopped
- 30 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- ground pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Italian parsley, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring 2 quarts water to boil in 3 qt pan. Add 1 tsp salt. Drop shrimp in and cook till just pink. Drain and rinse briefly with cold water.
- Mix lemon juice, garlic and red pepper flakes in large bowl and add hot shrimp to this mixture. Set aside to marinate for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing by whisking together all dressing ingredients, except parsley.
- Mix shrimp with remaining salad ingredients.
- Pour dressing over shrimp and sprinkle parsley over salad. Mix well.
- Chill until cold.
- This salad can be served over greens.
- This can also be served over cooked orzo. If serving with orzo, use 1 lb of orzo and triple the dressing ingredients, so that there is enough to coat and flavor the orzo.