1/2 Photos of Cat Cora's Crispy Baked "fried" Chicken
1 hr 20 mins
Really good and CRISPY oven-fried chicken. From Cat Cora
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2Pour 2 teaspoons olive oil nto baking dish large enough to hold 6 chicken pieces. Rub oil over dish with your fingers so it's completely but lightly coated. Set aside.
- 3Rinse chicken in cold water and pat dry.
- 4In wide bowl or plate, season flour with salt and pepper. Dredge each piece of chicken through flour so it's completely coated. Tap chicken against bowl to jar loose excess flour and set pieces aside. Discard flour.
- 5Crush corn flakes by placing them in large resealable plastic bag, carefully pressing bag to push out air. Seal up bag and run over flakes with a rolling pin. Open bag and pour crushed flakes into a wide bowl or plate.
- 6In large bowl, mix buttermilk, mustard, ground mustard, red pepper, paprika, sage and sesame seeds. Give each floured chicken piece a good buttermilk bath and then roll in corn flake crumbs.
- 7Arrange chicken pieces in oiled baking dish and slide the dish into hot oven. Cook for 15-20 minutes, lower heat to 375 and cook for another 25-30 minutes until cooked through and crispy. Juices should run clear when meat is pierce with a knife. Serve.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cat Cora's Crispy Baked "fried" Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (45 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 139.3
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 1.2 mg
- Sodium 758.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 4.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: