1 hr 5 mins
In 'Cat Cora's Classics with a Twist'
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- kosher salt
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 (12 ounce) jar green chili salsa
- 1 tablespoon pure chile powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3 cups broken tortilla chips (about the size of corn chips)
- 2 cups grated light cheddar cheese
- 3 scallions, chopped (white and light green part)
- 2 tablespoons chopped pickled jalapeno peppers (or 1 T. chopped fresh jalapeno)
- 2 limes, cut into wedges, for garnish
- 1Preheat the oven to 400°.
- 2In a large skillet over med-high heat, cook the beef, onion, and garlic until the vegetables are soft and the beef is just slightly pink, 6-8 minutes.
- 3Add the enchilada sauce and black beans, decrease heat to low, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 4Taste and add salt if you like.
- 5Meanwhile, in a food processor or blender, blend the sour cream, green chiles, cilantro, salsa, chile powder, and cumin until smooth.
- 6Spoon half of the meat-bean mixture into a 13 x 9 inch pan or a large casserole dish.
- 7Top with 1 1/2 c of the smallest of the broken chips and 1 cup of cheese.
- 8Cover the chips and cheese with the remaining meat-bean mixture.
- 9Spoon on the sour cream mixture and gently spread it over the meat in an even layer.
- 10Sprinkle on the scallions and the jalapenos.
- 11Top with the remaining 1 1/2 cups chips and the remaining 1 cup cheese.
- 12Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- 13Serve warm with lime wedges.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cat and Mo's Enchilada Pie
Serving Size: 1 (295 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 401.5
- Calories from Fat 188
- Total Fat 20.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 76.5 mg
- Sodium 891.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 25.7 g