Prep 45 mins
Cook 20 mins
In 'Cat Cora's Classics with a Twist'
Make and share this Cat and Mo's Enchilada Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- kosher salt
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies, drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 (12 ounce) jar green chili salsa
- 1 tablespoon pure chile powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3 cups broken tortilla chips (about the size of corn chips)
- 2 cups grated light cheddar cheese
- 3 scallions, chopped (white and light green part)
- 2 tablespoons chopped pickled jalapeno peppers (or 1 T. chopped fresh jalapeno)
- 2 limes, cut into wedges, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- In a large skillet over med-high heat, cook the beef, onion, and garlic until the vegetables are soft and the beef is just slightly pink, 6-8 minutes.
- Add the enchilada sauce and black beans, decrease heat to low, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Taste and add salt if you like.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor or blender, blend the sour cream, green chiles, cilantro, salsa, chile powder, and cumin until smooth.
- Spoon half of the meat-bean mixture into a 13 x 9 inch pan or a large casserole dish.
- Top with 1 1/2 c of the smallest of the broken chips and 1 cup of cheese.
- Cover the chips and cheese with the remaining meat-bean mixture.
- Spoon on the sour cream mixture and gently spread it over the meat in an even layer.
- Sprinkle on the scallions and the jalapenos.
- Top with the remaining 1 1/2 cups chips and the remaining 1 cup cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve warm with lime wedges.