Recipe by Toni in Colorado
This is a sandwich recipe that I got from "365 Ways to Cook Vegetarian". Be sure to use a crusty type roll. Use a sweet onion.
Top Review by sloe cooker
I scaled this recipe down to one sandwich. The only change I made was to add some salt and black pepper. This is a very good and light sandwich. Made for Adopt a Veggie Tag. Thanks Toni in Colorado for posting.
- 6 ounces marinated artichokes
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄2 lb mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 4 rolls
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Drain artichoke hearts over a small bowl, reserving marinade.
- Coarsley chop artichokes.
- With a spoon, spread some marinade on the bottom half of a crusty roll.
- Place equal amounts of chopped artichoke hearts, tomatoes, onion, mushrooms and cheese inside each roll.
- Wrap each sandwich in foil.
- Bake until cheese melts and sandwich is heated through, 10-15 minutes.