Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
A "different" blueberry cream pie. I got this recipe from my Aunt Catherine. Our family grew blueberries for the market. This is one of our favorite blueberry recipes. Quick and Easy!
- 1 (8 ounce) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons self-rising flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar (or use 1/3 cup Splenda)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cups fresh blueberries (or frozen)
- 1 (9 inch) deep dish pie shells
- 3 tablespoons self-rising flour
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons pecans, chopped
- Mix sour cream, flour, sugar, vanilla and beaten egg.
- Fold in blueberries and pour into pie shell.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Mix flour, butter and pecans. Sprinkle over pie and bake an additional 10 minutes. Chill and enjoy!
Outstanding!! I even used low fat sour cream. I did also use a home meade graham cracker crust and it really added some great taste that may not have been there with a regular crust. I added about 5 minutes cook time as the berries were frozen. I have made this several times, most recently with fresh blueberries. Very good each time.
I really enjoy sour cream pies & could eat half of one by myself without any problem! This version was a new one for me, & I was totally satisfied with everything about it ~ so easy to prepare & ABSOLUTELY GREAT TASTING! Thanks so much for sharing the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my partners in the Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #29]