Recipe by Ms B.
I found this recipe in a Pillsbury Appetizer Cookbook. It is a great addition to casual get-togethers. Kids and adults really enjoy the tiny bites of burger.
- 1 (11 ounce) can refrigerated breadstick dough
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375F.
- Seperate dough into 12 breadsticks.
- Cut each breadstick into 4 pieces; place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375F for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Immediately remove from cookie sheet; place on wire racks.
- Cool 5 minutes or until slightly cooled.
- Split each in half, keeping tops and bottoms together to form miniature buns.
- Reduce oven temp to 350F.
- Beat egg in medium bowl; add onion, milk, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- Stir in bread crumbs.
- Add ground beef; mix well.
- Press ground beef mixture into thin layer in bottom of ungreased 13x9 inch pan.
- Bake at 350F for 14 to 16 minutes or until thoroughly cooked.
- Cut into 48 rectangles (8 strips crosswise and 6 strips lengthwise).
- Fill buns with miniature burgers.
- Place ketchup in small bowl for dipping sauce.
- Serve immediately.