Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this recipe in a Pillsbury Appetizer Cookbook. It is a great addition to casual get-togethers. Kids and adults really enjoy the tiny bites of burger.
- 1 (11 ounce) can refrigerated breadstick dough
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- Heat oven to 375F.
- Seperate dough into 12 breadsticks.
- Cut each breadstick into 4 pieces; place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375F for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Immediately remove from cookie sheet; place on wire racks.
- Cool 5 minutes or until slightly cooled.
- Split each in half, keeping tops and bottoms together to form miniature buns.
- Reduce oven temp to 350F.
- Beat egg in medium bowl; add onion, milk, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- Stir in bread crumbs.
- Add ground beef; mix well.
- Press ground beef mixture into thin layer in bottom of ungreased 13x9 inch pan.
- Bake at 350F for 14 to 16 minutes or until thoroughly cooked.
- Cut into 48 rectangles (8 strips crosswise and 6 strips lengthwise).
- Fill buns with miniature burgers.
- Place ketchup in small bowl for dipping sauce.
- Serve immediately.
Make these for every gatering I go to. Always a big hit! I like to mis some katsup & mayo for dipping these mini into. I also add a dill pickle slice to each bite.
I made these for my Super Bowl party and they turned out great! I used extra lean ground beef (because I didn't want a lot of grease) and only 2T of dried onion flakes. I was wondering how hard it was going to be to split the little buns in half, but they pulled apart so easily! I served these with small bowls of ketchup and mustard for dipping and my guests seemed to like the mustard best. Will definitely make these again in the future. Thanks sbsbea!
Made this for the super bowl and really liked them. Used hot dog buns cut into thirds and also 93% ground sirloin. Next time will add more onion and more salt and pepper. Made a double batch and we ate them all!