Recipe by Rinshinomori
This is one of the finest garlic soups I've tasted. It is from Jose Andres.
Top Review by Gandalf The White
Made for ZWT5 (Groovy Gastronomes) More photos are in Cooking Forum at this posting: http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?p=4542512#4542512 Rinshinomori, this is an absolutely wonderful, authentic, simple soup. Fabulous flavor. I made it with a Spanish smoked paprika, so the flavor is slightly different from using a simple sweet paprika, but it is not in the least "spicy hot" ... and the combination of chicken stock and egg threads makes it a "comfort soup" for so many cultures, as well as a classic Iberian mix of flavors. Thanks so much for posting.
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (preferably Spanish)
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1⁄2 tablespoon spanish sweet paprika
- 3 ounces rustic white bread, crust removed and torn into small pieces
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and saute until golden brown, about 1 minute. Add the wine and cook until the alcohol evaporates, about 30 seconds. Add the Spanish sweet paprika and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the bread and pour in the chicken stock. Stir together and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 8 minutes.
- Add the eggs and stir with a spatula to fold them into the soup. The eggs will form long strands, almost like noodles. Simmer for 2 minutes and add salt to taste. Sprinkle parsley and serve.