Another one I found in the Nebraska Kitchens Cookbook. Have fun and experiment with different fruits. If you don't have a cast iron skillet, any heavy pan will do.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In bowl, mix flour, first six tablespoons of butter, eggs, baking powder, sugar, salt, and milk with a spoon to form a lumpy batter.
- 2Melt the remaining two tablespoons of butter and brown sugar in cast iron skillet on low heat.
- 3When sugar and butter are melted, sprinkle in about 1 cup of well-drained fruit. Pour batter mixture on top so that all fruit is covered.
- 4Bake in center of oven at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes until center of cake tests done.
- 5Remove skillet from oven and immediately invert the skillet onto platter.
- 6If the cake doesn't drop on the first try, re-heat the skillet for a minute or two on the stovetop to loosen the sugars, but be careful as the fruit and sugar is very hot.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cast Iron Skillet Upside Down Cake
Serving Size: 1 (107 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 390.9
- Calories from Fat 125
- Total Fat 13.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 86.6 mg
- Sodium 342.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 39.8 g
- Protein 5.5 g