1 hr 30 mins
An easy way to make a delicious pork loin in your cast iron skillet complete with it's own gravy!. I originally found this online (don't remember where) and have made a few adjustments as I went along to get it where I wanted it. The weight of the loin isn't really important since you're going to cook to an internal temperature and the size of your skillet will be the determining factor. I.E. you need to be able to get the lid on your skillet while it's in the oven! I hope you enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat oven to 375°F.
- 2Season loin with salt and peper.
- 3Roll loin in flour and coat well (you might need more than 1 cup).
- 4Heat olive oil in cast iron skillet. Brown all sides of the pork loin. Remove from skillet.
- 5Add butter, onion, garlic, and mushrooms and saute till mushrooms are golden brown. Remove from heat and return loin to skillet.
- 6In a bowl, mix the soup, soup mix, and hot water then pour over the loin being careful to leave bits from the onion soup mix on top.
- 7Insert meat probe and cover skillet.
- 8Bake till internal temperature is 170 degrees (approximately 1 hour).
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cast Iron Skillet Pork Loin
Serving Size: 1 (358 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 812.0
- Calories from Fat 442
- Total Fat 49.1 g
- Saturated Fat 16.7 g
- Cholesterol 151.3 mg
- Sodium 1677.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 51.7 g