This is sort of in tandem with my other cornbread recipe because I learned to make cornbread two ways: Hard, more fried-like, and cake like. This is the second recipe in the cornbread series, and is the harder, more fried type.
My Private Note
six and ...
Units: US | Metric
- 11. Pre-heat oven to 350°.
- 22. Mix batter- if using butter, cut off about two tablespoons for the pan, melt the rest and mix it into the batter. If using oil, use 1 tablespoon in the skillet.
- 33. Put 1 or 2 tablespoons of oil in skillet and heat on low flame on stovetop burner.
- 44. When oil in skillet is begins to smoke a little, pour in batter.
- 55. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes.
- 66. Broil or toast for 1 or 2 minutes.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cast Iron Skillet Cornbread
Serving Size: 1 (74 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 310.7
- Calories from Fat 294
- Total Fat 32.6 g
- Saturated Fat 16.9 g
- Cholesterol 120.2 mg
- Sodium 43.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 3.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: