Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is sort of in tandem with my other cornbread recipe because I learned to make cornbread two ways: Hard, more fried-like, and cake like. This is the second recipe in the cornbread series, and is the harder, more fried type.
- 1. Pre-heat oven to 350°.
- 2. Mix batter- if using butter, cut off about two tablespoons for the pan, melt the rest and mix it into the batter. If using oil, use 1 tablespoon in the skillet.
- 3. Put 1 or 2 tablespoons of oil in skillet and heat on low flame on stovetop burner.
- 4. When oil in skillet is begins to smoke a little, pour in batter.
- 5. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes.
- 6. Broil or toast for 1 or 2 minutes.