Doodle Pirate's Note:
This is the result of the highly successful method of 'Trial and Error' to find the "perfect" cornbread for my 10" Cast Iron Skillet. Enjoy! This can be baked in other dishes (8x8, 9x9, muffin tins, larger or smaller skillets etc and the doubled recipe fills a 9x13) but I do not have baking times for those.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Lightly grease 10" cast iron skillet.
- 3In a medium bowl combine all dry ingredients.
- 4In a separate smaller bowl combine wet ingredients, mixing thoroughly.
- 5Combine wet ingredients into dry and mix until well blended.
- 6Pour batter into skillet and immeditately place in center of oven.
- 7Bake for 18 - 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cast Iron Skillet Baked Cornbread
Serving Size: 1 (75 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 317.7
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 63.2 mg
- Sodium 508.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 16.8 g
- Protein 5.6 g