Recipe by TheShields
We discovered the Chuck Eye steaks a few years back at our local grocery store. The butcher recommended them to us. He calls them 'the poor mans rib eye'. They come out incredibly tender; you just can't beat them for the price. We prepare them many different ways, but this is my husband’s favorite when he's in the mood for a spiced up steak. I highly suggest preparing them outdoors on a grill side burner if you have one, as the rub does smoke when cooked in the cast iron pan.
- 118.29 ml chili powder
- 14.79 ml ground cumin
- 14.79 ml dried coriander
- 4.92 ml cayenne pepper
- 9.85 ml dry mustard
- 9.85 ml dried oregano
- 14.79 ml salt
- 4.92 ml ground black pepper
- 4 chuck eye steak (1/2 - 3/4 inch thick)
- olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare the rub by combining all ingredients.
- Preheat a cast iron pan over high heat, and grill (or oven) to 425.
- Rub each steak on one side with the rub. Brush over the rub with a light coat of olive oil.
- Cook the steak, rub side down, until 'blackened', about 5-7 minutes.
- Flip the steaks over and continue to cook either on the grill or in the oven, until medium rare (or desired doneness), approximately 8 to 10 minutes for a thicker steak.
- Remove from heat and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.