Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a super simple recipe. So easy to just throw together. You can add whatever spices and veggies you would like to make it your own! Very similar to a roast chicken dinner, but way simpler. I mashed it up with a fork and fed it to my nine month old baby and she loved it too! Best part is there is only one pot to clean up at the end.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Chop all the veggies in bite-sized pieces.
- Season the chicken with garlic salt, pepper, and a light sprinkle of flour. Brown the chicken in a cast iron or oven safe skillet with a small amount of olive oil. Take the chicken out of the skillet and set aside.
- Place all the veggies in the skillet and season with garlic salt, pepper, dried parsley and add a little olive oil if needed. Toss in the skillet to coat with the chicken drippings.
- Place chicken back on top of the veggies and cook in the oven for about 30 minutes until the potatoes are tender and the chicken is cooked all the way through.
Very quick and easy. I actually made a whole chicken, but liked the idea of using the veggies as a roasting rack. Made for PAC 2012