Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Stove and then oven in the cast iron skillet. This recipe comes from the RSVP cookbook from the Portland, ME Junior League. Submitted by Susan Corey.
- 2 apples, pared, cored, sliced
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 cup flour
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- cinnamon sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Cook apples with margarine in cast iron skillet over medium heat until slices are tender. Turn occasionally with spatula.
- Sift flour, sugar and salt into mixing bowl.
- Stir eggs and milk together, then blend with dry ingredients. Beat until smooth.
- Pour over hot apples in frying pan.
- Place pan in a 425-degree oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and dot with butter.
- Bake for an additional 5 minutes and serve immediately.