Recipe by Oolala
Stove and then oven in the cast iron skillet. This recipe comes from the RSVP cookbook from the Portland, ME Junior League. Submitted by Susan Corey.
- 2 apples, pared, cored, sliced
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 cup flour
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- cinnamon sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook apples with margarine in cast iron skillet over medium heat until slices are tender. Turn occasionally with spatula.
- Sift flour, sugar and salt into mixing bowl.
- Stir eggs and milk together, then blend with dry ingredients. Beat until smooth.
- Pour over hot apples in frying pan.
- Place pan in a 425-degree oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and dot with butter.
- Bake for an additional 5 minutes and serve immediately.