Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
My husband and I LOVE this recipe because it's a vegetarian lasagna that is so good you never miss the meat. Easy to throw together but has great complicated taste!
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, washed, stems removed, sliced (or 2-4oz cans mushrooms)
- 1⁄2 medium onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups 1% fat cottage cheese
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed, drained, squeezed dry and chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 9 whole wheat lasagna noodles, cooked al dente
- 1 1⁄2 cups marinara sauce, of your choice
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium heat. Saute onions, mushrooms, and garlic powder until tender and wilted. About 3-5 minutes. Drain extra liquid if necessary.
- In mixing bowl, mix together cottage cheese, parmesan cheese, spinach, oregano, basil and pepper until well combined and spinach is evenly distributed.
- Coat a 9" square baking dish with cooking spray.
- Put a small amount of marinara sauce in the bottom of your baking dish (2-3 tablespoons).
- Cover with 3 lasagna noodles trimmed to size.
- Next, layer 1/2 of the mushroom/onion mixture.
- Then layer 1/2 the cottage cheese mixture (there is a lot, this will be a thick layer). Then 1/3 of the remaining marinara and 1/4 c of the mozzarella.
- Repeat once more.
- Cover final layer with 3 remaining noodles, then the rest of the marinara and the rest of the mozzerella.
- Bake at 350° for 35 minutes.
- Turn oven up to 450° and cook for 5-10 more minutes until cheese is brown and bubbly.
- Let sit 10 minutes before cutting.