I found this recipe in Runner's World, storing it here for safe-keeping as haven't had a chance to try it yet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb Italian sausage or 1 lb pork chops or 1 lb duck breasts or 1 lb chicken leg, any combination
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 2 leeks or 2 onions, sliced
- 2 carrots, cut into 1-inch lengths
- 3 stalks celery, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 cups canned tomatoes, chopped in juice
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leave, chopped
- 4 cups canned white beans, drained and liquid reserved
- 2 cups chicken stock
- salt, to taste
- ground pepper, to taste
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1Saute meat on medium-high heat until brown on all sides, about 10 minutes.
- 2Remove from pan and drain fat, leaving about 2 tbsp in pan.
- 3On medium heat, add garlic, leeks or onions, carrots, celery and zucchini. Season with salt and pepper. Cook 5 minutes or until softened.
- 4Add tomatoes and juice, meat and herbs. Bring to a boil.
- 5Add beans and boil again, stirring occasionally.
- 6Reduce heat so mixture bubbles gently and cook for 20 minutes. Add stock or bean liquid when mixture gets too thick.
- 7Fish out meat, remove bones and skin and chop into chunks. Return to pot, season with cayenne pepper and warm through.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cassoulet With Lots of Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (955 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 906.6
- Calories from Fat 366
- Total Fat 40.7 g
- Saturated Fat 12.4 g
- Cholesterol 68.3 mg
- Sodium 1930.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 90.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 18.4 g
- Sugars 14.4 g
- Protein 48.4 g