Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Inexpensive and tasty soup based on a French classic. Fast and easy to make and everyone always loves it.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 ounces smoked sausage, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 2⁄3 cup white wine
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can white beans, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups dark chicken meat, diced
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Sauté onion and sausage in large saucepan until browned.
- Add thyme, stir one minute.
- Add wine, boil until slightly reduced, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in broth, 1 cup of the beans, and the chicken.
- Mash the rest of the beans and add to pot.
- Partially cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, garnish with chopped parsley.
This was an excellent soup for a cold winters day! It really is VERY reminiscent of the cassoulets we had in France. I added carrots (they needed to be used up) a some garlic. YUMMMM! This will be made often! Thanks Kasha... for another great recipe.
i thought this was very good and satisfying. i might add a little more wine, some fresh chopped tomatoes next time. i had it w/ hot crusty bread and made enough to freeze for later!
Very Good! I left out the white wine and added some salt. It was gone fast. Will make this again, thank you!