Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a great dish to serve on a cold winter night. The recipe calls for green lentils, but you can use any kind of lentil you prefer. Serve this with a crisp salad and some crusty french bread for a fantastic meal, fit for company. Modified from a recipe I this from the BV Wine Society probably 10 years ago.
- 10 ounces green lentils
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 1⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 lb pork loin
- 1 lb chicken meat, boneless thighs give this the best flavor
- 1 lb kielbasa
- 1 lb mushroom, quartered
- white pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 bunch chives, chopped
- Saute carrot, onion and celery with olive oil over medium heat until onion is translucent, in large heavy bottomed pan.
- Add lentils, bay leaf and thyme and saute approximately 1 more minute.
- Add chicken stock.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 15 minutes on medium heat until lentils are al dente. Stir occasionally. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Cut the chicken and pork meat into 1 inch cubes.
- Slice the sausage into 1/2 inch thick slices.
- Season the chicken and pork with the salt and white pepper. Sear in pan until rare.
- Remove chicken and pork from pan and sear sausages.
- Saute mushrooms separately with butter.
- Return lentils to heat.
- Add all ingredients to lentils and cook until meast reach desired degree of doneness. 4-8 minutes.
- Add chopped chives for garnish.