Recipe by LifeIsGood
This is a super easy summer dessert that could easily be served to guests. The adult version includes cassis, a French liqueur. You could easily adjust this for kids by omitting the cassis. This idea came from Rachael Ray. Enjoy!
Top Review by Baby Kato
Sometimes the simplest things are best. I loved this dessert. The cantaloupe was sweet and juicy, the Cassis syrup was wonderful thick and tangy, vanilla bean ice cream and blueberries because I was out of blackberries and couldn't wait to try this. It was amazing. So much flavor and the texture was spot on. Thanks so much for sharing a new family favorite. Even the picky one enjoyed it. Made for CQ2 - Quebec.
- 1 ripe cantaloupe, quartered and seeded
- 1⁄2 cup cassis liqueur (or syrup)
- 1 pint French vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- 1⁄2 pint blackberry (or more, to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut off a sliver of each melon wedge bottom, so that they will sit nicely on a plate.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of cassis liqueur or syrup across each melon wedge.
- Scoop 1 ball of ice cream onto each wedge of melon.
- Garnish each with blackberries and serve.
- Simple as that!