Recipe by Cassie2007
This is the recipe from the back of the Nestle chocolate chip bag but instead of butter I use vegetable shortening and I leave out the nuts which I think makes the cookies taste better. For a twist on these, substitute whole wheat flour for the all-purpose flour and Splenda for the granulated sugar.(The wheat and the Splenda will make the cookies flatter rather than puffier and they will also have a different texture than regular chocolate chip cookies)
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegetable shortening (I recommend not using the butter flavored kind)
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl and set it aside.
- In a stand mixer bowl, beat the shortening, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla extract with the paddle attachment until smooth.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after adding each egg.
- Gradually beat in the flour mixture.
- Mix in the chocolate chips by hand.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased cookie sheets or use one of those small ice cream scoops.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cookies should look slightly underdone in center.
- Cool on wire racks.