Recipe by atwhitten
Delicious bean, black-eyed pea, and corn salsa! Always loved and is even great for a few days!
Top Review by the6-sranch
Good, but tasted like something was missing. I used 1/2 tsp. kosher salt and the full tablespoon of cumin. I added more hot sauce (used Cholula), but that wasn't quite it. Served this with chips the first day, and put it in my quesadillas the next day. It worked really nicely in the quesadillas...thanks for the recipe!
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 teaspoons hot sauce (or more depending on how you like it)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 -2 firm-ripe avocado
- 1 (15 ounce) can black-eyed peas
- 1 (11 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1 (11 ounce) can black beans
- 2⁄3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 lb roma tomato, coarsely chopped (about 3-4 tomatoes)
- 1 tablespoon cumin
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, mix vinegar, hot sauce, oil, garlic, cumin and pepper.
- Peel, pit and cut avocado into 1/2-inch cubes. Add to vinegar mixture and mix gently to coat.
- Drain and rinse peas, beans, and corn. Add peas, beans, corn, cilantro, and tomatoes to avocado; mix gently to coat. Add salt to taste.
- Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy.