Recipe by CassieW22
This is a delicious chicken salad that I came up with when my husband was starting Adkins. Great on top of mixed greens or on bread of choice. When adding caesar dressing and mayo you should do this to taste, I suggest more mayo than caesar so the taste is not too intense or salty. We eat this on top of romaine lettuce, I personally treat it as lettuce wraps, it's DELISH!! Perfect for a hot summer lunch or dinner. One last thing, I specifically use Kraft light mayo because it isn't as sweet, I don't know how any other light mayonnaise would taste so I suggest using regular mayonnaise if using another brand.
- 2 chicken breast halves (boneless, skinless work great)
- 1⁄4 large onion, diced
- 4 -5 baby carrots or 1 carrot, diced
- 2 celery ribs, dice
- 1⁄4 cup creamy caesar salad dressing
- 1⁄3 cup kraft light mayonnaise
- garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil chicken breasts in water seasoned with garlic powder and salt, about 30-45 minutes.
- While chicken is boiling dice your veggies and put in a small to medium mixing bowl.
- Add 1/2 of the caesar and 1/2 of the mayo to the bowl, taste if in need of more flavor add more dressing, or less flavor add mayo, reserve left over dressing and mayo.
- Cover bowl and place in refrigerator so flavors mesh together.
- When Chicken is finished cooking, remove from water onto plate and place in refrigerator.
- Once chicken is cooled shred and mix into bowl with your veggies, use remaining caesar and mayo to taste and texture.
- Put a hefty spoonful on top of mixed greens or sandwich bread.