1/1 Photo of Casserole of Shrimp in Garlic Butter (Shrimp De Jonghe)
mary winecoff's Note:
I think that in the 50's and 60's every special casserole had "cooking sherry" and "buttered bread crumbs" and parsley. This is another one of my mother's recipe from the big plastic bag. I swear this recipe says it has a "lusty" flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse shrimp, drop unshelled shrimp into boiling salted water.
- 2Cover; heat to boiling, then lower heat and simmer gently until shells turn pink, about 5 minutes.
- 3Drain, cool in cold water.
- 4Peel off shells and remove vein that runs down back.
- 5To melted butter, add garlic, parsley, paprika, cayenne and sherry; mix.
- 6Add bread crumbs and toss.
- 7Place shrimp in greased individual casseroles or 11 x 7 baking dish.
- 8Spoon butter mixture over.
- 9Bake at 325F for 20 to 25 minutes or until crumbs brown.
- 10Sprinkle with additional parsley.
Browse Our Top Very Low Carbs Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Very Low Carbs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Casserole of Shrimp in Garlic Butter (Shrimp De Jonghe)
Serving Size: 1 (379 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 718.6
- Calories from Fat 328
- Total Fat 36.4 g
- Saturated Fat 20.5 g
- Cholesterol 542.1 mg
- Sodium 775.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 63.3 g