Recipe by JackieOhNo!
Easy to throw together for the family on a weeknight, and economical as well.
Top Review by Sara 76
This is a fantastic family meal! It's definately a kid pleaser, and I love the addition of the spinach. It works great as a make-ahead meal, I made it yesterday as I knew I had a busy afternoon today, and it reheated perfectly in the microwave. My kids really loved it, thanks for sharing!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 (8 ounce) package noodles
- 2 (10 ounce) packages spinach (thawed and drained)
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown beef; add salt and onion. Cook 5 minutes. Add tomato sauce, water, sugar and spices. Set aside.
- Cook noodles until barely tender. Drain. Add meat sauce mixture.
- Squeeze dry spinach and chop coarsley.
- In 3-quart casserole dish, layer half of meat sauce mixture, add next layer of spinach, then remainder of meat sauce mixture.
- Blend ricotta and sour cream. Spoon over top. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 25-30 minutes in a preheated 375-degree oven.