- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 14 ounces spaghetti sauce
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Add the spaghetti sauce, water and seasonings.
- In a greased 13x9-inch baking dish, layer half the potatoes and meat mixture; repeat layers.
- Bake, uncovered at 375°F for 50 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 10 minutes longer until the potatoes are tender.
- Serve with warmed breadsticks and tomato wedges drizzled with Italian salad dressing.