Recipe by Jo Coburn
This is a quick and easy casserole with enough flavor to please the adults and bland enough for the children to eat. I always cook half and freeze the other half for later. It makes an easy one dish meal with a bag of salad to bring a new mom or a family in need a dinner in a jiffy. It is also one of those meals that I usually have all the ingredients in the pantry already. If your looking for easy this is it.
Top Review by *Parsley*
Definitely easy to put together and it's pretty good for the amount of effort it takes to make. I used a combination of cheddar and mozzarella cheeses for this instead of just cheddar. I opted to use the greater amount of beef listed (2lbs) and with that, I felt it turned out a bit dry. I added some tomato sauce and extra spices. Next time, I would only use 1 can of tomato soup and then add a 28-0z jar of tomato sauce and season it well. Thanx!
- 1 (16 ounce) bag wide egg noodles
- 1 -2 lb ground beef
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans tomato soup
- minced onion, to taste
- garlic powder, to taste
- 2 teaspoons Italian spices
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles al dente, set aside.
- Brown beef and drain.
- In large bowl mix tomato soup, and seasonings with only a single soup can of water.
- Add beef and noodles mix well.
- Place into casserole dish (or two).
- Cover with cheddar cheese.
- At this point you can freeze one casserole for later.
- Bake at 350 degrees until cheese is melted and casserole is heated through.